HELEH Awards 2018

HELEH Awards 2018

Grab your copy of my inspirational book now!
Loading...

Wild Imaginations: My Kind of Music

I do not really care about the lyrics. If it's exceptional, that is a plus. Let it be High Life music with very rude and authoritativ...

I do not really care about the lyrics. If it's exceptional, that is a plus.
Let it be High Life music with very rude and authoritative percussions; snares and bass kicks clearly running in their lanes. Whenever the drums rolls, strike the cymbals hard in readiness for another cycle. Undulate the kicks at regular intervals. Pound the drums in heaviness. 
If you can find a conga, slap it rhythmically.
Let the tempo range between fast and slow; a rhythm that is groovy. Not a flow that will make me  dance - but one that will make me want to. A tempo my feet will only tap to.
Make the lead strings dominate the song; almost interrupting the vocals every now and then. They should vary their pitch and occasionally disappearing and returning with a more inviting feel. Let the strings do the singing, largely.
Distract me with bass guitar hums. I will attempt to trace it throughout the song;  I will find myself wanting midway and it will make me smile.
You can't impress me without the horns and brass effects. Even if it's one blast, let it announce the coming of a tense  moment. Music is war, I am a warlord too. Try anything.
I have no idea what you do with the black-and-white keys. Just strike them! Hit one note after another. Treat me to a melody I haven't heard before.
At the climax of the song, allow the instrumentals to run, unharmed. My heart with pulsate with each instrument. It is at this juncture I would love to hear the xylophone, the flute and the chimes.
Please don't forget to make the bass drums kick with authority.

Photo credit: Magnom 
Extras 6322924476754624709

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

National Students' Award

National Students' Award
Check out Ghana's most authoritative students award scheme

StandOut Care

StandOut Care
Health Screening, Mobile Clinic, First Aid. We care with a difference. Talk to us

Shall we talk about Health and Medicine?

Shall we talk about Health and Medicine?
Medical Practitioners

Join Me On Facebook

My Tweets